Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church, Moline
This church was organized with fifty members about 1850. Its membership
is considerably over a thousand, with over three hundred Sunday school
scholars. Reverend L. P. Esbjorn, in charge at Andover, Henry County, was
pastor also of this church up to 1856, and under his ministry the first
church was built. He was succeeded by Reverend O. C. T. Andreen, till
1860; Reverend G. Peters, till 1863; Reverend J. S. Benson, from 1866 to
1873; followed by the Reverend A. G. Setterdahl. The present pastor is
Reverend Lawrence A. Johnston.
The present church building is of brick, in the Gothic style of architecture, of very handsome design, costing nearly $30,000.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908